According to experts, signs of confidence and healthy self-esteem include:
- Looking ahead and setting short and long range goals that are reasonable and attainable.
- Avoiding procrastination as a result of perfectionism, and the ability to push forward and accomplish tasks.
- Accepting one’s weaknesses and lack of skills and able to hear and benefit from constructive feedback and criticism.
- Bouncing back after setbacks, and moving forward with determination.
- Trusting one’s own ideas, perceptions, and opinions and having the courage to voice one’s feelings and beliefs.
- Making timely and well-considered or thoughtful decisions.
- Displaying good social skills and the ability to get along with others.
- Having a history of more successes than failures and striving to achieve goals in difficult times.
- Learning from past mistakes, rather than repeating them.
- Willing to take risks and cut one’s losses when failure seems inevitable.
- Being flexible and able to navigate change when necessary.
- Displaying positive, energetic, and assertive behavior.
If these examples of behavior describe you, terrific! If these are examples of behavior you long for, there’s good news! It’s not too late to develop them. Check out my 21 Day Journey to Seeing Yourself as God Sees You, and see if this program is for you.