SCRIPTURE VERSES TO CONQUER THE FEAR THAT BREEDS LOW SELF-ESTEEM
Psychologists agree that fear and anxiety are the foundation of low self-esteem and people with low self-esteem suffer from specific kinds of fear including:
- Fear of inadequacy (being deficient, insufficient, or undersupplied; lacking in or being short in)
- Fear of loss (loss of things, relationships, dreams, opportunities) or of not having enough (food, money, clothes, shelter)
- Fear of failure (lacking in accomplishments, achievements, and success)
- Fear of abandonment (being deserted, left behind, withdrawn and pulled away from)
- Fear of hardship, depression, or devastation (being overwhelmed and helpless; suffering and difficulty)
In an effort to build self esteem, we must conquer fear. Thankfully, this can be done by understanding who we are and Whose we are.
Read the provided scripture verses for each type of fear by clicking the above links. Read these verses in your study Bible, pray for God’s wisdom and discernment about their personal meaning to you, meditate on the truth about God’s provision for you, and rejoice!