According to experts, symptoms and consequences of low self-esteem include:
- Having a faulty self image, believing one is inadequate or incapable.
- Being unable to discern who to trust and when.
- Making irrational and distorted mental statements about one-self and practicing negative thinking about one’s self.
- Lacking self confidence in one’s ability to succeed in life.
- Reading other people’s minds and projecting in negative ways.
- Practicing obsessive compulsive and addictive behaviors.
- Being overly critical of one’s self and others.
- Being overly reactionary or taking things extremely personally.
- Being inflexible and uncompromising in simple situations, seeing everything as black and white.
- Keeping the focus on one’s self and unable to sympathize with others.
- Telling exaggerated stories about one’s self or others.
- Expecting unreasonable love and devotion from others.
If you, or someone you know, experience any or all of the above, you may need help in building self-esteem and confidence. Thankfully, there is a solution. Learn to see yourself as God sees you by studying his Word about WHO you are and WHOSE you are.