Click play to watch the video below or read the transcript here.
How many people are needed? This exercise works best with 20 or more participants, so that there are at least 10 participants in each line, facing each other. For much larger groups, multiple sets of lines may be needed. This exercise will not work well with groups of less than 20.
How long does it take? Depending on the number of participants, this could take anywhere from 10 – 20 minutes.
What are the room requirements? This activity works best in a room long or wide enough to accommodate the line of participants (i.e. two lines of 20 people standing side by side). There should be no curves or obstacles in the line, if possible. Also, the room should be:
- Fairly private, with little risk of outsiders entering the room unexpectedly and interrupting the walk
- Quiet, with little interference of noise coming from neighboring rooms
- Dimly lit with mood lighting (candles are helpful here)
- Comfortable in temperature
- Humming with soft instrumental music playing in the background; the music volume should not interfere with the whispers
Who can participate? Anyone who can walk or be wheeled down the aisle can participate. An individual on crutches may have some difficulty. Otherwise, this is ideal for women of all ages (including teens), all backgrounds, and all denominations.
What do you need from me? Your permission to facilitate the walk at your upcoming event, and for the room requirements to be met, is all that is needed. Otherwise, I’ll do the rest.
What scripture verses are the whispers based on? Each participant will draw a scripture verse from a bowl, which will be pulled from among the verses below:
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 – His love endures forever
- 1 Corinthians 6:20 – You have been purchased for a price
- 1 John 4:9 – 10 – He loves you and sent His son to die for you
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – You are a new creation
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 – You are being transformed into his likeness
- 2 Corinthians 5:20 – You are His ambassador
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – His grace is sufficient
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – His power is made perfect in your weakness
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 – You are chosen and hand-picked by Him
- Colossians 3:12 – You are dearly loved
- Deuteronomy 26:18 – You are his treasured possession
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – He will never leave you
- Ecclesiastes 3:11 – You are beautiful
- Ephesians 1:4 – You are holy and blameless
- Ephesians 1:5 – You are the King’s daughter
- Ephesians 1:7 – You have been redeemed and restored to righteousness
- Psalm 103:4 – You have been crowned with love and compassion
- Genesis 1:27 – You have been created in His image
- Hebrews 8:12 – You are forgiven
- Hosea 2:19 – You are His perfect bride
- Isaiah 64:8 – You are the work of His Hand
- Isaiah 43:6-7 – You have been created for His glory
- James 1:17– You are a good and perfect gift
- Jeremiah 29:11 – He has a plan to prosper you, not to harm you
- John 1:12 – You are His beloved
- John 1:16 – He has blessings in store for you
- Luke 12:7 – You are valuable to Him
- Philippians 4:13 – You can do all things through His strength
- Psalm 139:5- You are Blessed by His Hand
- Psalm 139:10 – His Hand will guide you
- Psalm 139:10 – His strength will support you
- Psalm 139:14 – You are so wonderfully made
- Romans 8:17 – You are heir to His Throne
- Romans 8:38-39 – He will let nothing separate you from His love
How do I schedule a Whisper Walk? Call me (281-795-8890) or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we’ll talk about when this will work best for you and your members.